Why and how to lace your tires in tire racks
Martins Industries is a tire racking manufacturer since 1987. All of our racks are designed and manufacturer to help you maximize your floor space and also your time. Lacing tires will help you save a lot of floor space here is how you can do.
How to lace your tires in a tire rack
Here are the simple steps to follow to lace your tires:
- Lean your tire against the side of the rack, (no side matters to start)
- Lay your other tires tightly in diagonale with the same angle until you get to the other side of the tire rack
- For the 2nd row, simply insert in the opposite direction your tires in each tire “hole” to maximize your space in the tire rack
- Finaly, keep on lacing your tires until you get to the to of the rack
Benefits of lacing tires in a tire rack
Lacing tires is not only a different way a lacing tires it will bring you advantageous benefits such as:
- Increasing by 25-30% the number of tires you can put in a rack like the MLTFD compared to store your tires on their tread
- You will be able to save floor space by storing more tires in the same 85″ x 49″
Martins Industries tire racks
Martins Industries has different types of racks that can store laced tires. Here are a few of those racks
Laced tire stacking rack (MLR)
The MLR lacing rack is designed and manufactured to handle laced tires. This rack has removable sides to allow you to stack up to 20 high your tires when not in use and up to 6 high when open.
Folding & stacking tire rack (MLTFD)
The MLTFD tire rack is a versatile tire rack; it can store your tires either on their tread for different SKUs of tires or it can store laced tires for the tires having all the same SKU. This tire rack is foldable and stackable 5 high when open and 22 high when closed. This tire rack can handle up to 32 tires when store on their tread and up to 50 tires when laced.
Shipping rack (MSR)
The shipping rack (MSR), can carry about 45 to 65 laced tires depending on the size of your tires. One trailer can load 28 shipping racks (14 deep by 2 high) which represents a maximum total of 1820 tires; no space is lost which allows you to maximize every shipment.
The shipping rack is smaller than the transport rack but it is easier to move around and it reduces space requirement. It takes 3 times less loading and unloading time than traditional wooden pallets and it takes only 24 minutes to load a complete trailer with those racks.
Transport rack (MTR)
The transport rack (MTR) is wider than the shipping racks which makes it easier to store more tires per rack. With a wide warehouse the transport rack is the best solution to save time and space. With the transport rack you can load a trailer with 18 racks (9 deep by 2 high) maximizing the number of tires you can put in, which goes to 1440 tires.